Oil and Gas
Posted 2 weeks ago
Operations Excellence Specialist
Oil and Gas Operations Excellence Specialist position available in Qatar. Competitive market related salary plus allowances. Contract duration is permanent and open ended.
- Serves as an Operations Excellence (OE) subject-matter expert (SME) to resolve operational issues and develop programs within respective areas of assignment. Plans and coordinates implementation of OE initiatives to meet expected standards and deliver maximum benefits in a sustainable manner.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Serving as OE technical expert within respective areas of assignment, working to resolve issues of moderate potential impact to business results.
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to deliver and maintain assigned initiatives.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of sustainable quality assurance programs related to Process Safety Program (PSP)/OE practices that align with Operations Group strategies.
- Driving change behaviours across all assets by introducing new programs, concepts, and best practices.
- Evaluating training needs and conducts training for the Operations Groups to meet PSP/OE competency and assurance requirements.
Key Job Accountabilities – I
- Serves as PSP/OE SME within respective areas of assignment in the Operations Group, with the ability to resolve issues and close “gaps to potential” in order to improve Company business performance.
- Conducts and facilitates workshops for achieving desired outcomes and improving the quality of output.
- Identifies and develops PSP/OE best practices and initiatives that establish company as a leader in the industry.
- Implement and coordinate the “Heart and Mind” programs within respective areas of assignment that drive effective behaviour and positive cultural change.
- Introduces essential control measures, including specific hierarchies for PSP audit programs, feedback systems, and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) tracking and analysis.
Key Job Accountabilities – II
- Plan and coordinate of KPIs (i.e, leading and lagging KPIs), in collaboration with relevant departments and develops necessary tracking and analytical tools for reporting back to the Operations Group.
- Coordinate and formulate the implementation of critical PSP/OE initiatives, taking into account critical quality standards and delivery targets (e.g., baseline studies, best practices surveys, and Level 3 implementation plans).
- Assist in development of structured training program, to include training materials, and conducts training related to PSP/OE technical competencies and assesses competency levels of Operations staff.
- Assist in development of Operations Group and asset level procedures and manuals related to assigned PSP/OE initiatives and maintains them to ensure compatibility with current practices.
- Develops and maintains all OE-related IT tools for respective areas of assignment; for example, the ESMS electronic shift reporting tool, MVT, Field Operator Proactive Monitoring (FOPAM), and Panel Operator Proactive Monitoring (POPAM).
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Discipline or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 8 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry within Plant Operations or Maintenance functions.
- Ability to identify and introduce new concepts and coordinate change programs.
- Experience in the implementation of OE/PSP programs, or similar, within the operating environment.
Technical and Business Skills
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Strong computer literacy, to include extensive knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Demonstrated ability to implement change management programs.
- Good facilitation skill and proven ability to conduct workshops and conferences.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITIONS.
Please note: If we haven’t contacted you after 2 weeks consider your application unsuccessful.