Positions available in Emergency Department and Ambulatory Services Department
Ability to relate well to others and use interpersonal skills to achieve desired objectives, recognizing the need to represent both the clinical work and the team in addition to providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage and admit patients under his name) as delineated by his clinical privileges, the Senior Consultant works closely with department chair and/or section head on management issues (such as service development, funding, budgets, and staffing), on the teaching and training of junior doctors, and on academic and research priorities. In essence, the Senior Consultant is required to have professional clinical competence, leadership and management skills. Research is a key and integral component to the Corporation’s Strategic aim to become an Academic Health System.
- M.Med Degree
- Fellowship Certificate CMSA
- Valid license to practice in country of origin.
Experience and revalidation:
- Must satisfy revalidation criteria.
- Senior Consultants with western qualifications should have held a Senior Consultant post for at least 1 year, or a period of 6 years total experience as a consultant.
Salary and benefits package:
- Salary in line with salary grade policies for position between US $ 17 850 up to US $20 000 (tax free in Qatar)
- Free accommodation
- 40 – 50 days of annual leave (depending on grade)
- 18 days of public holiday (can be used to work overtime)
- Overtime: 1.25 x basic salary during normal days, and up to 1.40 x basic salary during public holidays
- Casual Leave 5 non-consecutive days
- Conference entitlement of every other year (upon completion of 18 months in service) for a maximum of 9 days (not debatable to annual leave entitlement)
- School assistance of $5,800 (maximum) per child per academic year up to 3 children (5 to 18 years of age)
- Promotional opportunities and higher pay
- All medical costs paid.
- Air passage for joining, annual leave and repatriation per annum (return ticket) for staff member and family (spouse and up to 3 children up to 18 years of age)
- Free visa, residence and work permit, Qatar ID arranged.
- Unaccompanied baggage – up to 50 kg free on joining, and 100 kg on repatriation.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITIONS.
Please note: If we haven’t contacted you after 2 weeks consider your application unsuccessful.